In addition to Emily's work as an actress, she is also a writer. She as written several of her own short films, many personal essays, and also works with fiction prose. Additionally, she works freelance writing about feminism and pop culture criticism. Here you can find all of Emily's writing that is available online. If you have any questions or requests regarding Emily's writing, please use the contact page on this website.
Pop Culture and Feminism
All of Emily's work for Culturess, for which she was a regular contributor for several months, can be found on her Culturess author page. Emily also contributed cultural criticism to her now defunct blog, Crying While Female, in which she wrote about pop culture and feminism, among other things. Highlights of Emily's pop culture writing across the internet are listed below.
- How to Talk About Art at the End of the World, Culturess
- Why, as an Intersectional Feminist, I Can’t Get Behind the TV Land ‘Heathers’ Reboot, Bitch Flicks
- #TameTrump: The Radical Inauguration Day Readings of Lauren Gunderson's The Taming, Bust.com
- Girls Recap: What Will We Do This Time About Adam?, Culturess
- The Feminism of Stranger Things: How One Netflix Show Subverted a Troubling '80s Trope, Crying While Female
- 30 Woman-Friendly Horror Movies for the Thrill-Seeking Feminist, Culturess
- #MondayMotivation: Our Woman of the Week is Carrie Hope Fletcher!, Culturess
- 30 Iconic Fictional Proposals To Make You Believe In Love Again, Culturess
- You're the Worst Recap: Season 3 Finale, Culturess
- What I Learned About Friendship by Watching Gilmore Girls, VINAZINE
- The Definitive Ranking of Every Friends Thanksgiving Episode, Culturess
- 3 Ignorant Ghostbusters Opinions and Why I'm Not Here for Them, Crying While Female
- 30 DIY Halloween Costumes for Empowered Ladies!, Culturess
- 10 Essential Feminist TV Shows to Watch This Fall, Culturess
- Where Am I Now?: Mara Wilson, Post-Matilda, Culturess
- Gabrielle Union Speaks Out About Nate Parker's Rape Allegations, Culturess
Emily writes personal essays freelance for publications around the internet. Highlights of Emily's personal essay writing are listed below.
- How Feminism Helped Me Understand My Fictional Heroines And Their Love Lives, Bustle
- Anxiety on Activism, Crying While Female
- On Being a Childless Parent, Crying While Female
- Self-Care is a Feminist Act, Crying While Female